Thursday, October 8, 2009

Go Team

The office I work for part time play in a softball league once a week. They use that for teambuilding. The general manager really believe in team building even if 99% of the work that seem to be done is done by people working alone in the office or cubicle.

Maybe I should start at the beginning. Back home I was a decent softball player. I can hit the ball solid and field pretty good. We went out the whole office some weeks ago before my accident and after a couple of drinks and shooting pool and my boss asked me if I wanted to join the team.

I really didn’t care to play ball. Between work and school and I was hopping to play some basket-ball at the school I felt that it was enough.

“Yes I would love to play” Was what came out of my mouth… I told you I was a shy person but after 2 drinks you can make me say anything.

When I came to work with a broken ankle, cast and crutches I told them how sorry I was that I couldn’t play with them. They understood and felt sorry for me, they are a good bunch; but asked if I wanted to come and watch them play and be part of the teambuilding process…

So tonight I will be singing go team go standing on my crutches…

What a team player I am…

Hummm

Bye for now
Amanda