Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shoping

Nothing like a little shopping

I like to go shopping when there's no purpose but this time I need shoes or actually a shoe for work for now. Most of the working shoes I have are high heels and that’s out of the question right now.

First I have to say that I’m on a tight budget. I don't buy new clothes or shoes each season. But I also have to admit that I love high heels pumps.

I walk into the shoe store on my crutches knowing that I will find something practical, comfortable and hopefully sexy.

I shouldn’t say that but I am a woman. It will be fun to have new shoes. I know that not all woman feel like that about shoe but I do.

The first thing I see is a pair of 6 1/2 inch pump…Yes 6 1/2 inch…How can woman walk with these and I’m the one in the cast with the broken ankle? You must feel like a ballerina.

That’s crazy.

Then I see a very sexy 3 inch stiletto heels with instep straps…wow…very sexy and totally NOT what I need but they feel so nice under my fingers.

I go around the store a second time and for the first time in my life I realize that none of these shoes are made for the actual shape of a woman’s foot. Sure we look nice wearing a nice dress and these 4 inch heels but are designer shoes made for me?

Yes if I want pain in the foot, sore ankle and toes that are so cramped.

I go around a third and voila…I spot a pair of sandals with no heel with lots of support.
I ask the salesman if they have any in my size. He gives me a look like why are you looking for classy shoe miss while you have a broken leg.

I feel like leaving the store but since I promised myself that I would only do one store…I stay and smile.

He smiles and asked joking

“Left or right?” OMG what a woman in a cast with crutches needs to hear…

I stand up with his helps and position my crutches before taking a few steps. The feel and look fine.

I pay throw the box in my backpack and leave the store.

Bye for now
Amanda