Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our second date

My hair and make up was done. I don’t like heavy make up, very natural, a little blush, mascara, and some eye shadow.

“You look great Amanda” I complimented myself while looking in the mirror but my crutches were killing the look. I put the crutches against the wall and hop to my bed to put on a nice dress. With the sandal on my right foot I was done and ready.

There was a knock, I grabbed my crutches and went to the door, there was my date looking very cute.

“You look great Amanda” he said…Men …all woman like to start a date with You look great, specially the injured one.

He helped me into his car and put my crutches in the back seat. I debated about putting something over my cast to cover my toes but decided against it. I noticed some men and women staring at my toes on campus…

The perfect gentleman he helped me out of the car while I put my crutches under my arms. Keeping my knee bent with the cast off the ground we slowly made our way inside the restaurant.

“This way please” he led us to out table and took my crutches away.

“Do you want your broken ankle on a chair” he asked me

It would have been better but since I was wearing dress and I decided to keep my leg down

It was a wonderful evening. At the same time it was obvious that we are at 2 different places in our life. He’s finishing a master degree. I’m starting my BA and we come from very different background. Our interests are quite different on more level that I want to discuss here right now.

He kissed me and thanked me for a nice evening but we both knew that there isn’t going to be a third date.

Que sera sera

Bye for now
Amanda